Thursday, August 20, 2009

Jackie

International K-9 Search and Rescue Services
P.O. Box# 1472, Longview, Washington 98632 USA.
E Mail: k91sar@yahoo.com Web: www.k9sardog.com
INTEGRITY YOU CAN TRUST - SERVICE YOU CAN COUNT ON.

The bond of love between humans and animals is expressed by this story.

"When Her Little Dog Cried and Said Good-bye".
By Mr. Harry Oakes, Search and Rescue Coordinator & Dog Handler.

On 08-06-96, we flew two K-9 SAR Dog teams to Tennessee, to try and find a kidnapped victim. The lead dog handler, Harry E. Oakes Jr. with Search and Rescue (SAR) Dog Valorie, took time from his work and donated his own money, time, and skills to assist on this case.

When we arrived at the little girl's home, we found a little brown pregnant dachshund named Mudpuddle. The sadness in her eyes said it all. Her heart was aching and broken and if you looked deep into her sad eyes, you could see the tears. You could feel the emptiness and loneliness in her heart as her best friend, Jackie, was gone, taken by a monster, forever. A monster named "R" had stolen her 9 year old partner named Jackie from the front yard, savagely raping her and then strangling her to death. Then the monster buried the little girl in a cold, wet, shallow, dirt grave.

When we started our search for the little girl, our hearts were filled with sadness when our dogs tracked the victim to the suspect's car, and then to where he performed his horrible acts of terror. When our dogs gave the death alerts in the suspect's vehicle, we knew that Jackie would never return to Mudpuddle, or her family alive.

When we were all done with our search, I was sitting down with my dog, Valorie, wiping the tears from my eyes. I was looking into the sky trying to find some answers and comfort in what we do, from God above. I felt a nudge, a soft gentle nudge of a little scared dog with a broken heart. She was asking me if she could share her pain. In my heart as I looked deep into her big brown sad eyes, I could feel that she was asking me if her best friend was coming home. I pulled her close, gave her a long hug, and I kissed her gently on her head. I sadly told her that her best friend would never be coming home again and that "It wasn't her fault at all, her best friend Jackie was dead" and I reassured Mudpuddle that we shared in her loss and sorrow.

You see, when I talked to Jackie's mother, I was told that Mudpuddle never left Jackie's side. If Jackie got a bath, so did Mudpuddle. If Jackie went to school, Mudpuddle was there, waiting to walk her home. When Jackie went to bed. Mudpuddle was lying there asleep next to Jackie on the bed, protecting her from the night. They were inseparable. When Jackie disappeared that day, Mudpuddle had been at her side and was forced by "R" to be separated from Jackie.

Mudpuddle was found by the family, police, and searchers, lying right at the spot where "R" abducted little Jackie. And where he had driven off with Jackie, leaving poor little Mudpuddle all alone in the rain, shivering and cold, crying for her Jackie. Mudpuddle wouldn't leave the spot from where her partner, Jackie, was taken.

Mudpuddle was never to see her friend alive again. When I saw the sadness in her heart and in her eyes, I held her close and reassured her that she did everything she could, and this wasn't her fault. As I held Mudpuddle gently in my arms and as I talked with her, a peace seemed to come over her heart and Mudpuddle gently licked my face and laid her head on my shoulder and whined. As the tears streamed down my face, I could feel a little broken heart next to mine. I had to go, and as I walked my own SAR Dog Valorie to the van, I looked back at Mudpuddle and bent down one more time and gave her a hug and a kiss and told her she was a good girl.




Mudpuddle walked towards the house, paused and looked back towards me as if to say: "Thank you for doing what you did for Jackie and me." She then walked to Jackie's bedroom, lay at the entrance of the door and looked out to the woods and roads where Jackie disappeared, never to return again. She only moves to go to the bathroom and then she returns to Jackie's room, waiting.

My Letter to Jackie
Dear Jackie,
We did our best to find you, my partner and I, along with your dog Mudpuddle and our search dog Valorie. Your mom and dad searched day and night, along with Billy Hale, an NMCLC Investigator, and a lot of good people from your home town. We were able to find enough evidence to put the monster that hurt you away forever. I just want you to know that though we never met you. You're a very lucky and special girl. You have a very special friend waiting for you. Ask God if you can come say good-bye to Mudpuddle? She is pregnant and when she has puppies, this will give her someone to love and hold dear. Jackie, Mudpuddle wanted me to say she loves you and misses you and she just wanted to say GOOD-BYE. Your friends from Search and Rescue, Harry with Search dog Valorie.


This is why Harry and SAR Dog Valorie do what they do. "To bring the kids home so the family can have closure". If you ever wish to assist I.K.9.S.A.R.S. with our efforts contact us at our web site: www.k9sardog.com or, email us at: searchdog@iinet.com
International K-9 Search and Rescue Services P.O. Box# 1472, Longview, Washington 98632 USA.
Thank you
Harry and SAR Dog Valorie K-9-1.

3 comments: